Thursday, June 23, 2011

What's Your Creative Outlet?

Food inspires me!
Several nights a week, I find myself sifting through my fridge and pantry looking for something that can spark my imagination. I love discovering and creating new recipes letting them unfold during the process, where I can conger up some kind of dish that is full of flavor, texture, shape and color. One that can be constructed through experimentation.

When I explore with food, I don’t always follow a recipe- and that’s when the outcome or end result is like a surprise- I don’t want to always see it “done” . Comparing this to designing living and working environments, my intent is different. I visualize the space as “done”. Like Wayne Ruga says, “ask the space what it wants to be.” Then be open to the answers!

I believe that in the allowing of oneself to create with other forms of art, such as food, in unchartered ways without set boundaries, expands the creative process in all areas. (And in the allowing to falter every now and then also provides an opportunity for forgiveness!)



I think success and purposeful living comes when one can’t see the line between working and playing!



Taking this another step further, what about “sharing food” and the exploration of cooking together with others who enjoy the process- say, a Supper Club with wine paring? It doesn’t have to be elaborate or themed out- just good friends, food, and good times. I personally haven’t participated in one yet but maybe this might be something I will try!

In the meantime, celebrate life, and embrace that which nurtures your creativity!


~Judi Kieffer

No comments:

Post a Comment